Will you help us heal hurting hearts of trafficked victims?
In the last five years we have helped heal the hearts of hundreds sex trafficked victims. About 25% were internationally trafficked women while the others were domestically trafficked, some as early as twelve years old.
We coordinated a training of the HEART model for trauma recovery with leading Christian researchers from Regents in an effort to find evidenced based approaches to treatment. Our core team of counselors were trained in the method and are now part of a study with a few leaders in sex traffic victim treatment across the United States to track our success. We also help train other counselors to work with this population.
We are being called upon to place counselors in another Shelter, an Outreach Drop In Center, and in a facility for minor girls who have been rescued. The commitment will spread our expertise in working with this population into new areas and closer to the front lines of victimization. It is also spreading our finances to a breaking point.
Your help is needed now:
- Pray for victims and our team of counselors who work to heal their hurting hearts every day. Let us know by emailing email@example.com.
- Commit to learning how to get involved as a volunteer. We need advocates to share with churches, civic groups and community organizations what God is doing through us with this population. Learn more at one of our monthly breakfasts or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Let us know by emailing email@example.com if you would like a presentation at one of your professional, civic or church groups about what God is doing through us in this effort.
- Invest in the effective trauma treatment that moves victims to survivors.
- Make a one time donation of $200 to cover the monthly counseling expenses of one victim.
- Set up a monthly donation of $50 to know you are paying for a session every month.
- Talk to your professional, civic or church group about a fund drive to help heal hurting hearts.
Click the Donate Now button or send a donation by mail to:
Shield Bearer Counseling Centers
12340 Jones Rd. STE 290
Houston, TX 77070