Will you help us heal hurting hearts of victims of horrendous crimes?
In the last year we have helped heal the hearts of over 1500 victims of horrendous crimes. Did you know that unless the District Attorney indicts a suspect, crime victims have no access to crime victims assistance funding? If a crime victim does not cooperate with law enforcement to help prosecute a perpetrator, they are denied access to crime victims assistance in most cases.
We are being called upon by community nonprofits, churches and government entities to stand in the gap and meet the needs of crime victims who do not qualify for Texas Crime Victims Assistance.
Support from people and organizations just like you made a difference for Cindy when she learned that her babysitter’s boyfriend had abused her three children. As a single parent working two part time jobs, Cindy has little resources beyond basic needs. The children were forensically assessed at the Children’s Assessment Center and evidence forwarded to the District Attorney’s office. Following a thorough review, it was found that they did not have enough evidence to proceed with indictment.
Because of donations from individuals, businesses and churches, we were able to meet the counseling needs of each member of this family, estimated to be over $6500 over several months.
Your help is needed NOW!
- Pray for victims and our team of counselors who work to heal their hurting hearts every day. Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Commit to learning how to get involved as a volunteer. We need advocates to share with churches, civic groups and community organizations what God is doing through us with this population. Learn more at one of our monthly breakfasts or email us at email@example.com.
- Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like a presentation at one of your professional, civic or church groups about what God is doing through us in this effort.
- Invest in the effective trauma treatment that moves victims to survivors.
- Make a one time donation of $200 to cover the monthly counseling expenses of one victim.
- Set up a monthly donation of $50 to know you are paying for a session every month.
- Talk to your professional, civic or church group about a fund drive to help heal hurting hearts.
Click the Donate Now button or send a donation by mail to:
Shield Bearer Counseling Centers
12345 Jones Rd. STE 285
Houston, TX 77070