Continuing Education Seminar: “Hope for Harvey Survivors: An Approach to Emotional First Aid After Disaster”
Wednesday, October 25, 2017 11:30-1:00PM
Shield Bearer 12340 Jones Rd Ste 290, Houston, TX
Roy Wooten, MS and Andrea Sams, LPC will present this seminar. 1.5 CEUs will be awarded to all LPCs, LCSWs, and LMFTs upon completion. Cost is $15 prior with advance registration and $25 at the door. Seminar fee includes lunch.
Explore what clergy and mental health professionals can do to help with the emotional response after a disaster. Participants will:
- Learn about how Shield Bearer developed and implemented an emotional first aid program.
- Discover the most important things survivors need to know in the aftermath of a disaster.
- Discuss the roller coaster of emotions and timeline for disaster recovery.
- Experience some of the most effective tools to provide disaster survivors.
- Review special considerations for special populations.
This training meets the requirements to become a Certified Facilitator in the Hope After Harvey Survivor’s Workshop. Purchasing the curriculum is not included in the price of the training.